375g ready made shortcrust pastry
1 squeeze of fruit syrup (or maple)
1 tsp Cinnamon
1) Peel and chop your apples, add to a pan with a splash of water, a pinch of cinnamon and a squeeze of fruit syrup
2) Keep the temperature low and let your apples stew
3) Keep stirring until reduced, they should be nice and soft
4) Mash ever so slightly so apples become a thick puree consistency
5) Roll out your pastry and cut into pumpkin shapes
6) Spoon a little apple mix in the centre and lay a second piece of pastry over the top
7) With a fork, seal the edges and then egg wash
8) Pop into the oven for 20 mins at 180 degrees
Suitable for freezing for up to 3 months
Batch cook where possible.
We love the thought of cook once, eat twice, and just pop the extras in the freezer for later.