Mealtime adventures are better with Bibado! Let our award-winning products make a difference to your weaning journey.Shop Now
Looking for a yummy and healthy meal that your little one will enjoy? Look no further than our lasagne recipe for babies and toddlers! Packed with protein and veggies, and smothered in a delicious cheese sauce, this dish is sure to be a hit with your little foodie. And the best part? It's super easy to make - perfect for busy parents!
For the meat sauce:
500g minced beef
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
2 x low salt beef stock cubes
2 tsp of oregano
1 tsp of basil
1 tbsp of tomato purée
1 onion, diced.
3 tsp of garlic purée
50g grated cheese
For the white sauce:
600mls of full fat milk
50g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
1) Heat up a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and add your onion.
2)Fry for 2-3 minutes until brown.
3)Add your garlic, and fry for a further minute.
4)Add your beef mince, and fry until brown.
5) Add your chopped tomatoes, herbs, stock cubes and tomato purée and stir to combine. Leave to simmer on a low heat.
In the meantime. Make your white sauce.
6)Melt your butter in a heavy based saucepan, once melted whisk in your flour whilst keeping over a low heat.
7) Gradually whisk in all of your milk a little at a time. Once all of your milk is in add your nutmeg and then leave to simmer until thickened.
8) Assemble your lasagne. Grab yourself an ovenproof dish and layer your lasagne. Starting with the mince, then pasta sheets and then white sauce. Repeat these steps until you I’ve used all your mince and white sauce.
9) Sprinkle on your grated cheese, and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for around 50 minutes.
We love to batch cook!
This yummy recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months.