Mealtime adventures are better with Bibado! Let our award-winning products make a difference to your weaning journey.Shop Now
A great recipe inspired by Asda.com. Making breakfast time fun and happy for your little monkeys to enjoy.
275g white bread flour, plus extra for kneading
1/2 level tsp Asda mixed spice25g butter, cold from the fridge
7g pack easy bake yeast
75g caster sugar
1 medium free-range egg, lightly beaten
1) Grease a baking tray. Pre-heat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Sift together the flour, spice, and a pinch of salt.
2) Rub in the butter using your fingers until it's like breadcrumbs.
3) Stir in the yeast and 50g sugar.
4) Add the egg and milk to the flour and mix into a sticky dough using your hands.
5) Dust a work surface and your hands with the flour. Knead the dough for 10 minutes – hold it with one hand and push it away with your other. Fold it over, turn it around and push away again. Repeat for 10 minutes.
6) Cut into 8 even-size pieces and shape into balls on the floured surface. Shape into hedgehogs, pulling out one end to make noses. Snip all over with scissors to create spines.
7) Press in currants for eyes and noses, then place the buns on the baking tray. Lay a sheet of greased cling film on top and leave in a warm place to double in size. Remove film and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
8) For the glaze, heat 25g sugar and 3 tbsp milk in a pan, simmer for 2 minutes. Brush over the buns as soon as they come out of the oven. Cool on a wire rack.
We love to batch cook!
This yummy recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months.