1 Chicken Carcass (whole chicken, breasts and thighs removed) or 1 chicken thigh and breast each
2 cups peeled, diced sweet potatoes
4 cups mixed vegetables (broccoli and cauliflower florets, peas, green beans, carrots)
1 400ml can of full fat coconut milk
1 small diced onion
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Mild curry powder to taste (preferably Madras style as this is usually spicy yet mild)
Salt and pepper to taste (omit for children under 1)
1) Cook a simple chicken stock with onion and chicken:
2) Heat the olive oil, sauté the diced onion until golden brown, add chicken carcass and water.
3) Let it boil for an hour.
4) Remove chicken, and let the chicken parts cool. Peel all the meat away, cut it into small pieces if necessary and set aside.
5) Add the sweet potatoes, vegetables, and coconut milk to the chicken broth. Let it cook for about 10 minutes until everything is soft.
Serving: Baby Style - suitable for spoon feeding.
6) Drain off the veggies and sweet potatoes, reserving the liquid. Puree about 130 g of these together with 30 g of chicken meat and add liquid to preferred consistency. Add a small dash of mild curry powder for baby's from 8 months on.
Serving: Baby Style - BLW
6) Drain off the veggies and sweet potatoes. Serve these chunky parts and cuts of chicken meat spread out on a plate. Serve the liquid in a small beaker or mug.
Serving: Toddlers - self feeding with cutlery
6) Drain off the veggies and sweet potatoes, reserving the liquid. Add small pieces of chicken. Serve relatively dry soup with a spoon and liquid in an accompanying cup. Cautiously add curry powder, salt, and pepper.