1 yellow or red pepper, finely chopped.
1 tin of kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
2 tbsp of tomato purée
1 low salt vegetable stock cubes (we use piccolo)
1 tin of Italian chopped tomatoes
40g spinach, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion granules
1 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp oregano
1) Heat a drop of olive oil in a frying pan and cook your pepper for around 5 minutes.
2) Whilst this is cooking, flatten your kidney beans using a fork.
3) Mix your dry spices in a bowl, this is your spice mix
4) Add your spice mix and tomato purée and mix well.
5) Cook for a further minute whilst stirring.
6) Crumble in your stock cubes, chopped tomatoes and kidney beans and mix well.
7) Add some extra water if needed and bring to the boil.
8) Cook for a further 10 minutes until the pepper is soft and sauce is thickened.
9 )Lastly stir through your spinach, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
10) Serve with boiled rice.
We love to batch cook!
This yummy recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months.