8-10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
Medium can chopped tomatoes
Small can green chilies
1 packet taco seasoning or 4 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
½ cup chicken stock or ½ cup water + chicken stock
½ cup Queso (homemade or store bought)
1 cup packed baby spinach, finely chopped
Pico de Gallo or salsa as optional topping
1) Place chicken in crock pot in one layer and sprinkle seasoning over them.
2) Layer the spinach on top.
3) Mix all other ingredients in a bowl (excluding queso) and pour over the chicken.
4) Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 7 hours. Ladle out the majority of the liquid and discard.
5) Shred the chicken with two forks, add the queso and mix, serve in taco shells. Top with pico de Gallo or salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Prepare family meals to save time
have a great stash of condiments to add flavour to your meals