1/2 cup oats
1 large banana or 2 small
1 tbsp coconut oil - melted
1 tbsp peanut butter - any nut butter will work
1 tbsp sweet freedom light syrup, fruit syrup or 1 tsp golden syrup
For the Jam:
Handful of raspberries
2 tsp chia seeds
1) Mash the banana up with a fork.
2) Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
3) Place a heaped teaspoon of the mixture onto a tray lined with baking paper and make into a cookie shape, do this with the remainder or the mix.
4) Using the back of the spoon, press down in the centre of the cookie to make a well shape- this is where the jam will go.
5) Place in preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes until the cookies are a light golden colour on the edge.
6) Allow time to cool the spoon in your homemade chia seed jam.
7) For The Jam: Add both the ingredients to a bowl and mash/mix together.
8) Leave go sit in the fridge while the cookies are cooking to allow the chia seeds to absorb the berry juices and thicken.
If you’re batch cooking for your baby, cool the food as quickly as possible, within 1-2 hours.
The NHS suggests putting the food in a sealed container and running it under the cold tap.