Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry
1 tbsp Caster Sugar
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1 Egg Yolk
1 tbsp Fruit Syrup
1 Apple, peeled & cubed
7 Frozen Blackberries
1) For the filling - Add the cubed apple, blackberries and fruit syrup to a pan and cook over a medium heat until the apples are really soft.
2) Use a cutter to cut out 20 small circles.
3) Spoon a small amount of the filling onto 8 of the pastry circles and egg wash the edges.
4) Cut the remaining pastry circles into strips and criss cross over the filling. Push down with a fork to seal the edges.
5) Egg wash, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle a little amount onto easch pastry. Bake in the oven at 190c for 20 minutes.
Enjoy mealtime adventures together
little ones love being part of the action, and learn through copying