Mealtime adventures are better with Bibado! Let our award-winning products make a difference to your weaning journey.Shop Now
A true Christmas classic and family favourite! These mince pies are super tasty and ready in less than 30 minutes.
100g fresh blueberries
1 small carrot finely grated
Zest and a squeeze of a fresh orange
4 pitted medjool dates finely chopped
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
375g Ready rolled shortcrust pastry
1) Pre heat oven to 180°c.
2) Heat your coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add all your ingredients minus the pastry.
3) Wait until your mixture bubbles then reduce the heat. Simmer for around 10 minutes until it almost resembles a jam texture.
4) Whilst your filling is simmering lay out your ready rolled pastry on a floured surface. Using a small cookie cutter cut out 24 circles.
5) Place these into a greased mini muffin tray. With the remaining dough cut out 24 stars.
6) Once your filling is cooked and slightly cooled add a heaped teaspoon to each pastry.
7) Place the star on top and bake for 20-25 minutes until the star is golden brown.
8) Allow to cool before serving to little ones.
We love to batch cook!
This yummy recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months.