1 Roll Puff Pastry
200g Soft Cream Cheese
Two handfuls of Fresh Strawberries
Two handfuls of Frozen Raspberries
1 tsp Cocoa Powder
Two handfuls of Fresh Mint
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 handful Pine Nuts
1 Egg to glaze
1) Divide the pastry into thirds along the longest side and set aside to rest at room temperature.
2) Chop the pine nuts and toast on a baking tray in an oven at 180c for 5 mins or until golden, turning every few minutes.
3) Chop and defrost the raspberries and set aside.
4) Divide the soft cream cheese between three bowls. To one bowl add finely chopped mint and the cocoa powder and mix. To another add 1 tsp vanilla extract and mix. And to the third add a handful of chopped strawberries, 1 tsp vanilla extract and the pine nuts.
5) Spread the cream cheese mix over the three pastry panels, leaving a cm along the shortest side to seal the pinwheel.
6) Top the vanilla cream cheese with raspberries and roughly spread.
7) Roll the pastry towards the cm gap (I put mine in the fridge here to keep them firm).
8) Cut the pastry into 2cm pinwheels and lie out on baking paper. Glaze with the beaten egg.
9) Bake at 180c (fan) for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Freeze herbs whole in an ice tray
then just get out what you need and when to add some flavour