110g Softened butter
110g Golden caster sugar
2 Large eggs
½ Tsp vanilla extract
110g Self-raising flour
1) Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and fill a 12 cupcake tray with cases.
2) Using an electric whisk beat 110g softened butter and 110g golden caster sugar together until pale and fluffy then whisk in 2 large eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
3) Add ½ tsp vanilla extract, 110g self-raising flour and a pinch of salt, whisk until just combined then spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases.
4) Bake for 15 mins until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle of each cake comes out clean. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
5) Decorate with icing and sweets
Batch cook where possible.
We love the thought of cook once, eat twice, and just pop the extras in the freezer for later