Mealtime adventures are better with Bibado! Let our award-winning products make a difference to your weaning journey.Shop Now
Creamy Chicken Cobbler
A warming family favourite and perfect for making ahead of time.
Just popping it into the oven and serve to everyone at the end of a busy day.
The soft, fluffy & dairy-free scones on top are ideal for soaking up all the tasty creamy chicken filling. Suitable for everyone.
2-3 chicken breasts, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
Handful mushrooms, chopped
1 onion, chopped
Handful frozen peas
3 tbsp flour
1 tbsp butter
200ml chicken stock
4 tbsp double cream
1 tsp dried/fresh Thyme
1 tsp black pepper
For the scones
2 cups flour
4 tbsp butter
100ml milk of choice
1) Place the chopped carrots, onion and mushrooms into a pan & cook until the onion has softened.
2) Add the chicken, once cooked on all sides, stir in the butter until melted.
3) Then stir in the flour, gradually add the chicken stock, little by little stirring constantly until it is all added and you have a thick smooth sauce. Add a little more water if required.
4) Stir in the double cream, thyme, black pepper & peas. Leave to cool in an oven proof dish.
5) Whist the chicken filling is cooling. Place the flour into a bowl. Then using your fingers rub the butter into the flour until it forms a breadcrumb consistency. Gradually stir in the milk until you have a sticky dough.
6) Place the dough onto a floured surface. Roll out to around 2inch inches thick. Using a circle cutter, cut out the biscuits. Place onto the cooled chicken filling.
7) Once the dish is covered, place in the oven for 30 mins on 170c.
We love to batch cook!
This yummy recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months.