1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup chilled butter, sliced
1 cup buttermilk
1) Combine 2/3 cups sugar, flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl
2) Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
3) Fold in the cranberries
4) Stir in 3/4 cup buttermilk until just moistened.
5) Turn dough into a lightly floured surface and knead 6-8 times.
6) Divide the dough in half.
7) Pat each half into an 8 inch circle on an un-greased cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
8) Cut each circle into 8 wedges (do not separate)
9) Brush tops with remaining buttermilk, sprinkle with remaining sugar and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden.
To make a glaze
10) Mix 2/3 powdered sugar, add 1 tbsp warm water, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and pour over the top
If you’re batch cooking for your baby, cool the food as quickly as possible, within 1-2 hours.
The NHS suggests putting the food in a sealed container and running it under the cold tap.