Mealtime adventures are better with Bibado! Let our award-winning products make a difference to your weaning journey.Shop Now
Cornbread With A Twist
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 cup fine cornmeal
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup melted margarine
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
50g ham, roughly chopped
30g grated Cheese of your Choice1 tbs each of 7 chopped/grated vegetables of your choice (red onion, green pepper, cherry tomatoes, tenderstem broccoli, courgette, carrot and spinach)
1) Preheat your oven to 175 Degrees Celsius (350 F / Gas Mark 4) and line a 1lb loaf tin with parchment paper or a non-stick liner sheet.
2) In a bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (except for the cheese).
3) In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk and margarine, before adding this to the dry mixture and stirring through thoroughly.
4) In a pan, gently fry off the chopped/grated veg until slightly softened (5 minutes or so).
5) Wrap the softened veg in a muslin cloth and squeeze firmly to remove excess moisture.
6) Add the veg along with the cheese and ham into the mixture, and combine well.
7) Pour the batter into the lined loaf tin and place on a baking tray.
8) Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer placed into the middle comes out clean.
9) Leave to cool before turning the loaf out of the tin.
10) Slice, serve and enjoy!
We love to batch cook!
This yummy recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months.