Mealtime adventures are better with Bibado! Let our award-winning products make a difference to your weaning journey.Shop Now
4-5 corn cobs (you can also used canned)
1.5 tbsp butter
3 slices of bacon, finely sliced
½ yellow onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tbsp flour
2.5 cups low sodium vegetable stock
1 large potato, peeled and chopped to large bite sized pieces
1/2 tsp thyme
1 bay leaf
½ cup half milk and half cream
Grated cheddar cheese to top (optional)
1) Remove corn husks and silks. Cut corn kernels off half their depth. Then, using the back of your knife, scrape out the remaining “milk” into a large bowl all together.
2) Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and bacon and cook until the onion is translucent, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for another minute, then add the flour and cook for 2 more minutes, continuing to stir. Whisk in the vegetable broth.
3) Bring to a boil, continuing to stir occasionally, then stir in the corn and potatoes. Mix in the thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil again, then turn down heat to a simmer.
4) Continuing to stir occasionally, cook for about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender. Remove the bay leaf and blend about 1.5 cups of the chowder until smooth.
5) Stir the smooth mix back into the chowder, then stir in the half and half milk & cream mix. Optional- add 2 tsp honey or coconut palm sugar (we used honey) but omit for babies under 12 months.
6) Top in chives and also great topped with cheddar cheese, but not necessary!
We love to batch cook!
This yummy recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months.