2 Chicken Breasts
1 tsp Thyme
1 tbsp Butter (we used DF)
3 tbsp All Purpose Flour
1.5 Cups Milk
Drizzle of Single Cream (optional)
2.5 Cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cups Butter (we used DF)
8 tbsp Water
1) Chop up the Onion, Mushroom & Chicken into very small pieces.
2) Melt the butter in a pan. Add the onions & cook until softened.
3) Add the chicken & cook through. Followed by the mushrooms & thyme. Once the mushrooms are softened, sprinkle the flour into the pan & stir. Making a paste texture.
4) Gradually, a little at a time, stir in the milk. Until you have a thick/smooth pie filling. If adding the cream, stir in. Leave filling to cool.
5) In a bowl rub the flour & cold butter together, to make a breadcrumb mix. Add the cold water and stir to form a pastry. Place pastry into the fridge until filling has cooled.
6) Once cooled, cut the pastry in half & roll out one half. Line & grease a pie dish. Place the rolled pastry into the dish & shape to fit the bottom & sides. Blind bake on 180c for 15-20mins, until browning slightly.
7) Remove baking beads & leave to cool, then add the pie filling. Roll out the other half of the pastry & place over the top. Use a fork to seal around the edges, then pierce then centre of the pie. Bake on 180c for 25-30mins, until the pie is browning.