Mealtime adventures are better with Bibado! Let our award-winning products make a difference to your weaning journey.Shop Now
Cheese & Broccoli Pasta
Ideal mid-week dish, takes no time at all to make & there is always plenty left over for the following day. Creamy & comforting this is sure to be a hit with everyone. We like to enjoy this with a nice chunky garlic bread on the side.
2-3 cups macaroni pasta
1 tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves
1 heaped tbsp flour
1/2 cup cream
1-2 cups whole milk
2 tbsp cream cheese
1 onion, finely chopped
Handful broccoli florets
Handful mushrooms, finely chopped
1) Place the pasta into a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 mins before adding the broccoli, then cook for a further 5-10 mins, until both are cooked. Drain and set to one side.
2) Meanwhile place the onion, garlic and mushroom into another pan with the butter and cook until the butter has melted and the onion has softened.
3) Then stir in the flour.
4) Cook for a minute before gradually stirring in the milk, bit by bit, until you have a smooth but thick sauce.
5) Stir in the cream and cream cheese, if still a little too thick add some more milk.
6) Once you have the desired thickness, stir this sauce into the pasta & broccoli.
We love to batch cook!
This yummy recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months.